Exercises for your cat
Cats may not be getting sufficient exercise, particularly those with an indoor lifestyle. Here are some ideas to boost the activity level of your cat.
- Walking on a harness. This one may require some practice! However, do also think about this at home and make your cat follow, jump and chase whenever you can.
- Buy or make your cat some toys to encourage active play. Ping pong balls or even a scrunched piece of paper work a treat.
- Get some boxes for cats to climb in and out of.
- Massage and stretching helps to warm up muscles, release tension and stimulate blood circulation. Frequent grooming may also help.
- Allow your cat to hunt for their food feeding them in different places each day, using obstacles or feeding from high spaces.